Who hasn’t heard of Dropbox? In fact, all Mac owners have it on a Mac and successfully use it for their daily needs. For those who don’t know: Dropbox is an application that allows you to sync files to appear simultaneously on your devices and in the cloud. It turned out that many Mac users don’t know how to delete a dropbox in Mac OS X.
There are several ways to uninstall this application, and we present you two today. However, if you do not want to waste time reading this message before we start, we recommend that you go to the end of this message titled How to remove a dropbox on Mac OS X with CleanMyMac X ″. If you want to uninstall Dropbox immediately, just download the best Mac uninstall application (this is the free one to download).
Why remove a dropbox from your Mac? We don’t know that. Either it doesn’t work properly, or you just want to uninstall and reinstall it, or you have another reason. Either way, our Dropbox removal guide shows you two ways to remove Dropbox on your Mac and you choose the one that’s best for you.
There are a few things you need to understand before we guide you through the de-installation process. First of all, there is a difference between uninstalling an application and uninstalling an application. Our first method shows you how to delete a dropbox application, and our second method shows you how to delete a dropbox. Another way to completely uninstall a dropbox from a Mac is to uninstall it using an uninstaller such as CleanMyMac X.
Now that we’ve told you about these two important things, let’s start with our guide How do I delete a mailbox in Mac OS X?
How to remove a mailbox from the recycle bin under Mac OS X
To manually remove a dropbox, follow these 3 steps:
- End of dropbox (click on the dropbox icon in the menu bar, click on the send icon and then click End of dropbox).
- Drag the Dropbox folder of the programs to the Trash.
- Empty your garbage cans.
And it’s over! You have successfully uninstalled the Dropbox application. However, as mentioned before, if you uninstall this application, do not use it to delete all files. When you take the dropbox out of the trash, you leave useless folders and files behind and take up space that you could use for other, more important things. We therefore suggest you use the second method, which we will show you!
How to remove a Dropbox in Mac OS X with CleanMyMac X
Here we show you how to uninstall Dropbox on Mac OS X using the best uninstaller for Mac. This product helps you to remove the Dropbox quickly and easily. If you haven’t downloaded this uninstaller yet, do it now.
After downloading CleanMyMac X (it’sfree download), follow these steps to remove the dropbox from Mac OS X:
- Open the CleanMyMac X application (you can find it in folder of appendix ).
- Select Uninstaller from the menu on the left, and then click View All Applications to see a list of all the apps you have on your Mac.
- Find the drop box application (you may have to scroll a little to find it, or you can use the search box in the upper right corner).
- Put a flag on it (all linked files will be displayed on the right). Press the Clear button in the middle.
- If you forget to close the dropbox application, you will receive a warning message. Click Close to continue deleting the dropbox. It’s done! It’s done!
Great, you did it! It was quick and easy, and all thanks to CleanMyMac X. This uninstaller has so many interesting features and possibilities, besides uninstalling the dropbox! It can help by performing regular maintenance to make sure you don’t get stuck with old files that just take up space on a Mac you could use better.
uninstall dropbox mac,remove dropbox from file explorer