Programs installed on a computer running Windows 10 always use the CPU. Your Windows 10 operating system usually determines how the processor cores are used for a program that is running. This is actually very good, because you don’t have to manually assign the processor cores to a particular program.
What if you want to dedicate a certain kernel to a certain program? This is called processor affinity or processor token. Assigning one or more kernels to a specific application or thread is very useful for running a large application because it reduces cache problems. Note that the program cannot use other cores that influence load balancing.
How to create an affinity in Windows 10
- Right-click on the taskbar.
- Select the Task Manager option.
- Click on the Details tab in Task Manager. A list of current programs is displayed.
- Right-click on the program for which you want to set the process affinity.
- Select Set Affinity from the menu.
- A CPU affinity window opens.
- Select the kernel that can use the process and turn the other one off.
- Click OK to complete the task.
Studying with us
Please do not hesitate to send us your questions, suggestions and problems you encounter when using your computer. We support all computer equipment available on the market today. And don’t worry, we won’t charge you a penny for your questions. Please contact us via this form. We read all the messages we receive, but cannot guarantee a quick response. If we can help you, help us spread the word by forwarding our messages to your friends.
windows 10 set priority permanently,cpu optimizer windows 10