DirectX is a set of application programming interfaces (APIs) developed by Microsoft to solve multimedia related problems. In fact, the operating system allows you to work in perfect harmony with the computer’s graphics and sound equipment. However, it can sometimes break, and the only way to repair it is to reinstall it. In this last article in our troubleshooting series we will show you how to reinstall DirectX if you have a problem with Windows 10.
If you have problems with your computer or Android device, please contact us using this form. We will be happy to help you solve any problems you may have with your device. This is a free service that we offer without restrictions. However, when you contact us, try to be as detailed as possible so that you can make an accurate estimate and make the right decision.
How to reinstall DirectX on Windows 10
Restoring the DirectX installation with the DirectX end user runtimeWeb Installer
- You can download the web installer for the DirectX end user runtime environment here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=35.
- After downloading the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer, go to where you saved it and run it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. The downloaded installer unzips all files from the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer and places them in a folder of your choice.
- Navigate to the folder where the installer was downloaded, extract the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer files to locate the DXSETP.exe file and double click it to start it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and directions to complete the wizard, at the end of which DirectX will be successfully repaired/reinstalled on your computer.
This is the first method to reinstall DirectX in Windows 10.
DirectX reduction, then update
- Press the Windows logo + the R key to open the startup dialog.
- Navigate to the next directory on the left side of the registry editor :
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft
- In the left pane of the Registry Editor, click the DirectX subkey under the Microsoft key to display the content in the right pane.
- In the right-hand window of the Registry Editor, locate the registry value with the name Version and double-click on it to change it.
- Replace the version number in the Value Data field with an older version and click OK. In this case, the DirectX version available on your computer is reset to an older version.
- Close the register editor.
- Try installing DirectX with the DirectX End User Runtime Web Installer.
This is the second way to reinstall DirectX in Windows 10.
Studying with us
Feel free to send us your questions, suggestions and problems you encounter when using your Android phone. We support all Android devices available on the market today. And don’t worry, we won’t charge you a penny for your questions. Please contact us via this form. We read all the messages we receive, but cannot guarantee a quick response. If we can help you, help us spread the word by forwarding our messages to your friends.
reinstall directx 9,directx runtime error windows 10