RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance.
When a file containing essential information cannot be opened, it can be frustrating. Some users have complained that this problem occurs on Windows 10. While trying to run some applications, I got the error message No program associated with this file to perform this action. You can see that. Here are some issues related to this bug:
- The problem can affect several applications, including Excel, Explorer and Adobe Reader. In this case, you should perform SFC and DISM scans.
- In some cases, an error message may appear when you try to access the USB memory device. This was probably caused by the autorun settings. You can try disabling this feature to solve this problem.
- An error message can also prevent OneDrive from working. If you are experiencing this problem, you need to learn how to set file associations correctly in Windows 10.
- Note that the problem can affect not only Windows 10, but also older versions such as Windows 8.1 and 7. Our solutions work best for Windows 10, but they can also be used for older versions of the operating system.
If you want to know how to solve this problem, there is no program associated with this file in Windows 10. Then you’ve come to the right place. Please refer to our solutions to find one that can completely correct the error.
Creating a new Windows userAccount
According to users, one of the easiest ways to solve this problem is to create a new Windows user account. Proceed as follows:
- Open the Settings application and go to Accounts.
- Click the Family and Other Users tab, and then click Add this computer to someone else.
- Click on I don’t have this person’s ID card.
- Select Add users without Microsoft accounts.
- Enter the username and password for the new account and click Next.
January 2021 Updated:
We now recommend that you use this tool to correct the error. The tool also corrects common computer errors, protects against file loss, malware and hardware failures, and optimizes your PC for optimal performance. With this software you can quickly solve problems on your PC and prevent others from having problems:
- Step 1 : Download the PC Repair and Optimization Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click on the Start scan button to detect problems in the Windows registry that may cause PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click the Fix All button to fix all issues.
Add a user account to the administrator group
Another solution to this problem is to add your user account to the administrator group. Users reported that the issue was resolved after their account was added to the administrators. Follow these steps to add your user account to the Administrators group:
- Press Windows + R and type lusrmgr.msc. Press Enter or OK.
- Click the Groups folder in the left pane and double-click the Administrators group in the right pane.
- When the Properties window opens, click the Add button.
- In the Enter Object Name field, type the name of the user and click Check Names. If all is well, click OK. You can also click More and Search Now to search for your username manually.
- Your user account must be added to the Administrators group. Click Apply and OK to save your changes.
As you can see, adding your account to the administrator group is pretty simple. In addition, some users recommend logging out of Windows 10 and back in to allow the changes to take effect.
Restore default file extension types
The error is mainly due to the fact that the operating system cannot select or choose a program to open the file or perform actions. This happens mainly when you change the file extension to a value other than the default.
We will reset the extensions for all file types and see if this fixes the problem.
- Press the Windows keyboard shortcut + S, type Select default application for each file type in the dialog box, and open the Preferences application.
- Select the type of file you are having problems with, click on the list of programs and select the default application. You can also play around and try opening and reopening the file extension with a different program or operation.
If this is annoying, go to Settings>Applications and Features>Default Applications and click Reset to reset all Microsoft recommended defaults.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to diagnose Windows errors and optimize system performance.
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Convenience Store
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing computer professional. I have years of experience in computer programming, troubleshooting and hardware repair. I specialize in web development and database design. I also have a CCNA certification in network design and troubleshooting.
explorer.exe this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action windows 10, this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action pdf, this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action display settings, this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action onedrive, there is no program associated to perform the requested action please install a program, python this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action, this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action anaconda, this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action powershell